What is Elimination Communication?

Elimination Communication (EC) is an ancient practice of tuning in to a baby's elimination patterns and signals and responding to the baby's needs.  In this way, babies can live diaper-free!  Might sound crazy at first, but it's truly a beautiful thing!  Ingrid Bauer is an expert in the field - read more on her website.


Elie at 8 weeks

Elie at 8 weeks

Friday, April 18, 2008

Poops

I'm doing much better with poops lately. Elie's been pooping twice a day, once pretty soon after he wakes in the morning and again within about half an hour of waking from his afternoon nap. Being aware of the timing has helped a lot, since I really just need to focus on poop signals during those times. And I think I wasn't holding him on the potty long enough (and had some poop misses) before which (in addition to the coffee) was increasing his poops/day. Now we're consistently at 2 poops a day.

I also have been peeing him into a disposable diaper when we're out of the house, which is working really well. The best thing is that it just looks like I'm changing his diaper so I don't feel self-conscious.

No comments: