What is Elimination Communication?

Elimination Communication (EC) is an ancient practice of tuning in to a baby's elimination patterns and signals and responding to the baby's needs.  In this way, babies can live diaper-free!  Might sound crazy at first, but it's truly a beautiful thing!  Ingrid Bauer is an expert in the field - read more on her website.


Elie at 8 weeks

Elie at 8 weeks

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Holding it...

Elie was in the Poquitos all day today. We went to music class and he stayed dry the whole time - he peed at 12:15pm at home and then again around 4:15pm when we got home. I was thinking about preventative attempt to pee either before or after class, but he was asleep before class and afterward, Yoav wanted to walk home with his new crush, so I didn't want to make them wait. Elie ended up falling asleep again on the walk to the subway and was asleep until we got home.

So far, I've missed one pee overnight - we both woke up around 2am and I tried nursing and peeing him but he didn't pee and, though I figured he could pee since he'd been asleep for 3 hours, I just went back to sleep. He was wet the next time he woke me up.

1 comment:

Amy said...

How do you like the poquitos? We've been doing really well lately with pees. I used Abby's old imse vimse training pants on Veronica. They fit around the tummy- a bit big around the thighs- but they held a pee that I missed.