What is Elimination Communication?

Elimination Communication (EC) is an ancient practice of tuning in to a baby's elimination patterns and signals and responding to the baby's needs.  In this way, babies can live diaper-free!  Might sound crazy at first, but it's truly a beautiful thing!  Ingrid Bauer is an expert in the field - read more on her website.


Elie at 8 weeks

Elie at 8 weeks

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Poops

I just want to keep track of poop misses because we have so few lately. The last miss was on Wednesday, which I wrote about in the previous post. I'm going to see how long it is between poop misses. Seems like I have to be pretty dense to miss a poop. Most of the time, I can't even tell he has to go - he just does when he gets a pottytunity. Like today, we went to a birthday party in NJ from 10-1. He pooped once while we were there in the toilet when I took him (he hadn't signaled to poop) and then he just pooped when we got home - also no distress/poop signaling.

No comments: