This is going to be brief in the interest of getting something posted...
* Age of EC tot: 8 months
* We started at...1.5 weeks, cueing from birth
* Generally speaking we are doing...very well. I have to think much less about EC. I can easily go all day without a miss, even if I'm out of the house.
* How do you know your baby has to go / when do you offer baby a wee?
timing: Poops - no timing - I either hear a gas, feel tightening of tummy or he is fussy. For pees, I'm not relying nearly as much on timing anymore, other than upon waking and when I leave and arrive anywhere.
signs: Easiest signal is that in the wrap, he pushes his body away from mine; Sometimes blows raspberries; Tightened tummy muscles; Squirming; Fussing; Crying (if we don't catch the other signs); Sometimes gas for poops. He has also responded to verbal questioning - I say, "Do you need to go potty?" and he gives a big smile.
* Is there a difference for poos and pees? More discomfort before a poop, so the cueing is clearer. Only one poop miss this month - I was on the computer and he pooped on the floor. I was so engrossed, I really don't know what signals he gave prior to the miss. He was nakey butt at the time.
* What cues do you use?
I say psshhh for both pee and poop.
* Which positions/receptacles do you use?
Insert for Baby Bjorn potty (with my hand in front to help catch the pee); sitting on the Baby Bjorn insert on the regular toilet with me holding him under his arms and squatting in front of him; sink or tub (with hand in front). For out of the house: peeing into a small wetbag with a prefold inside; the great outdoors (for this, I squat down and hold Elie with his back to my tummy in the basic EC position, so it's fairly discreet)!
* Nappies, training pants or other?
During the day: Mostly naked or Gerber or Under the Nile trainers while at home. When out, I use Poquito Pants, Little Beetle training pants.
* What are you doing away from home?
Training pants - Poquito Pants or Little Beetle with Babylegs as pants.
* What are you doing at night?
Pretty much always naked now. Most nights are miss-free, but sometimes I'm just too tired and am so tired that I actually forget about EC when he stirs and we miss a pee.
* Who takes baby to the toilet?
Me and Jeremy
* Catches or Misses - how many and what times are especially interesting?
Pretty much catching all poops now (see beginning). Missing very few pees - many miss-free nights and an average of 1-2 misses a day. We do have a lot of miss-free days. Most misses occur in the morning, when frequency is greater and I'm more tired.
* What's your next EC goal?
Work on helping Elie learn the pee sign. I do it some, but I usually forget...
* A tip for this age/stage?
Frequent pottytunities; go with all instincts. RELAX! I have the fewest misses when I think the least.