What is Elimination Communication?

Elimination Communication (EC) is an ancient practice of tuning in to a baby's elimination patterns and signals and responding to the baby's needs.  In this way, babies can live diaper-free!  Might sound crazy at first, but it's truly a beautiful thing!  Ingrid Bauer is an expert in the field - read more on her website.


Elie at 8 weeks

Elie at 8 weeks

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Diaper Free Night - No Misses!!

Today I was inspired by a woman on the AlwaysUnschooled list to try a diaper free night. Her blog is here:
http://www.freewebs.com/ohthethinksyoucanthink/nappyfreebaby06mo.htm

Jeremy's traveling, so I decided to try going diaper free for a night. I got Elie's spot on the bed ready with my Bowron lambskin on the bottom, then a blanket, then a few prefolds, but he ended up sleeping on my tummy because I was really tired and couldn't get him to sleep any other way. I'm sure him sleeping on my tummy made the ECing easier. I peed him in bed into
the BB insert and then dumped the pee into a bowl on the side table so the insert would be ready for next time. Each time he peed, I'd make the pssshh noise quietly into his ear.

No comments: