What is Elimination Communication?

Elimination Communication (EC) is an ancient practice of tuning in to a baby's elimination patterns and signals and responding to the baby's needs.  In this way, babies can live diaper-free!  Might sound crazy at first, but it's truly a beautiful thing!  Ingrid Bauer is an expert in the field - read more on her website.


Elie at 8 weeks

Elie at 8 weeks

Friday, January 25, 2008

Forced me to pee him

Today at my friend Mo's house, Elie got fussy and didn't want to nurse and wasn't gassy. I felt funny going to the bathroom to pee him, though I suspected that's what he needed. But he continued to fuss/wiggle in the wrap until I finally went to the bathroom and he peed right away in the toilet. It was the first time I actually wanted him to pee in a diaper and he sort of pushed me to take him to pee in the potty.

No comments: