What is Elimination Communication?

Elimination Communication (EC) is an ancient practice of tuning in to a baby's elimination patterns and signals and responding to the baby's needs.  In this way, babies can live diaper-free!  Might sound crazy at first, but it's truly a beautiful thing!  Ingrid Bauer is an expert in the field - read more on her website.


Elie at 8 weeks

Elie at 8 weeks

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A poopy mess at Suzuki class

Today we had a mess at the Suzuki class. When we arrived, we all went potty - I peed, Yoav peed and Elie peed. Elie's signals for poop and pee are generally about the same and I didn't realize he had to poop also, so after he peed, I was holding him w/ his tush on my arm while I pulled up my pants and got adjusted and he pooped on my shirt sleeve! Luckily my friend Y was in the bathroom w/ E and C and she held Elie for a moment while I got my pants up and cleaned the floor :) I just wiped off my shirt and rolled the shirt sleeve up for class...

No comments: